Sunday, September 30, 2007
Sunday's trip to Plymouth
The Plymouth Rock of popular imagery.
The Plymouth Rock we saw.
Here's what Miles recalls from the visit:
- Plymouth Rock is "so small there's no way the Pilgrims could have landed on it..."
- Climbed on a cannon in Plimouth Village
- Held a real Native American battle club
- Watched a man in Native American clothing use a bow drill (which Miles had learned about in Wilderness Awareness Camp)
- Stood in a replica of Miles Standish's home and held replica wooden toy sword
- Arrowheads in the gift shop are cheaper than at Harvard museum gift shop